August 12, 2007

It takes a "village" to run a scrapbook store...

We don't accomplish anything in this world alone ... and whatever happens is the result of the whole tapestry of one's life and all the weavings of individual threads from one to another that creates something. ~ Sandra Day O'Connor




You know that saying "it takes a village to raise a child?" Well, the same can be said in running a scrapbook store! Owning and operating a scrapbook store is not a one woman job! You need a lot of help along the way and I have been very lucky to have had lots of help from lots of very special people. With no training in management or business I have made a lot of mistakes but I have also learned from them. I am very proud of my stores and very proud of what I have accomplished. It is the most rewarding and hardest job I have ever had, but I love it.

Thanks to all of you! Those who have stuck with me, those who have had enough of me and those of you who have who have just joined me! You are appreciated, you were appreciated and you will always be a part of my life.

Thanks to all of the volunteers, employees, design team members & teachers who have done so much to make Paper Pals such a great store. If you are not pictured above please don't feel left out - I am working on getting more photos! :)

A special thanks to my Family - Dave, Ryan, Jared and my Mom & Dad! Could never have done any of this without you all!

9 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman and it shows!!! I cried when I watched the slide show!!! I am here and sticking with you no matter what. I miss the people that have moved on and love the new people that work at both stores.
    It is an amazing thing, this business of yours and I can't wait to see where the future takes us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna said it so well...you are amazing and I, too, will be there for you along this journey!! It's been so much fun to work and "play" with all the women that have been a part of my life because of Paper Pals, so many special people, and I will always treasure their friendships!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you Karen! You have done great! Remember the day you rented the space at Gladish, that seems so long ago. You have come a long way baby! I am proud of you and happy for you that things are good. Keep up the wonderful stores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to explain to people who don't know the world of scrapbooking what kind of importance a store and it's people have in a scrapbooker's life. Not only that, but you are the reason I am where I am today with my business. Because of you I got off to a great start and got my name out there. I owe so much to you. Paper Pals and you will forever hold a special place in my heart. Sounds corny, but it's true! Thank you Karen, for all that you have done and all that you do! I have so much to learn from you. Your my inspirational business woman that I hope to be someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, and I don't have any Sunday evening open until September 16th to go take pictures with you and Shawna. What's up with that?! If it works though I can put you into the calendar. It would have to be about 5:30 or later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to have such a special group of people around you!! I am just now experiences the magic of close friends here in lauderdale and also work with most of them! I am so happy for you - now put them to work and come visit us :)!! Love the slideshow how did you get that on?? I just added some videos of Lily and links to aol picture folders, but that is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say, loved the quote. I used to work with Sandra Day O'Conners nephew - Mike knows him too. He's known around town as Heineken Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post Karen, it was very emotional for me. Despite what's happened between us and for whatever it's worth, I really miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, this is beautiful. I love the slide show, it's great. You are an inspiration to so many people, Dad and I are so proud of you. Keep up the good work, and please, please come and see us, we miss you so much.
    xox
    mom and dad

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!