July 16, 2007

My Parents are so cool!

It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself.
~Joyce Maynard


My Mom and Dad are so cool! I know that sounds silly, but they are. They have always been my biggest fans, my role models, my inspiration and my mentors! When they retired a few years ago, they sold their house and almost all of their "stuff" or "shit" as my Dad would say and bought a motor home to live in full time. They hit the road and started traveling, meeting wonderful people along the way and seeing a lot of America!They now live most of the year in Lake Okeechobee, Florida. They live in an over 60 RV park that has a pool, lake (with alligators in it), club house and lots of friends. They are also close to my Sister, my Brother and my Niece - Lily and her Mom, Belinda who all live in Ft. Lauderdale, I think it is so great that they are close to their granddaughter and are such a big part of her life.
They are more active than we are! My Dad just got a motorcycle and goes on rides with his "biker buds!" They both love to golf, swim, cook, dance and socialize with their neighbors. My Mom started working at a wonderful Deli and is making tons of tips because she is so darn cute!

I really hate being so far away from my family. It is so weird to have them all living in Florida, since we lived in Oregon almost are whole lives. I love them so much and miss them lots!

4 comments:

  1. I think it is awesome that you have such a great relationship with your parents and that you are willing to admit it and share it!
    I sometimes wish that I had the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, your parents ARE cool!!!! I just love the pictures, what fun lives they are living!!! They need to bring that RV up here and visit us....this is the time of year to get out of Florida and into northern Idaho!!! Come on, Karen's Mom and Dad----come to Moscow!!!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how cool is this. Thank you Karen for presenting us in such a nice way.....We just wish that all of our family was just a little closer, we miss you guys so much. Looking forward to our road trip with Lily and Ryan next summer. Just wish Moscow or Pullman had an RV park, maybe some year.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are cool and Lily will know she is a very lucky girl to have them so close. She actually gets to go spend a week with them as of this Saturday, for her Summer break before starting pre-K. And when I told her this last night at bedtime she wouldn't go to bed until after 9pm! As she had to pack her little suitcase:)
    Family are a truely blessed thing, regardless of your ups and downs you are together for ever!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!