Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change, but pretty soon...everything's different. ~ Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes

I really love scrapbooking! I have been doing it now for over 12 years! But, boy have things changed! When we moved to Moscow I started to really get into scrapbooking. I was not working outside of the home and set up my scrapbook room in the dungeon, oh! I mean basement. I would spend hours down there with the spiders and the laundry, creating mini masterpieces! I was addicted to twopeasinabucket and spent a lot of time reading the message boards and posting my layouts. I was really into paper piecing back then, and Tami V and I bought almost every paper piecing pattern from twopeas. My layouts would take me days to complete. I am not kidding!
I would post my layouts on twopeas hoping to get tons of "praise" - check out my gallery for a good laugh! These are my layouts from 8 years ago! So funny to see how far scrapbooking has come! I still love these layouts tho and would never re-do them. I think my style has not changed that much...I still love cardstock and I still have a hard time with pattern paper. I am a "simple" scrapbooker now and try to focus on the photos and the journaling more than the cute embellishments. I no longer journal on the computer, but write all of my journaling in my own handwriting. This has not only saved me tons of time but is a big deal, since I hate my handwriting! I don't scrapbook chronologically anymore. I scrapbook the pictures and memories I feel inspired to work on at that moment. And...I don't want to every get caught up! I love it too much to ever stop!
Here are just a few of my all time "favorites!" from my scrapbooking archives!


I love the new layout!!!
ReplyDeleteI also love that you posted these! It is great to look back and see how much you have grown. I especially love the page with "Dave" riding in the roller coaster car!!!
How fun to see Karen. You can see that much change in my layouts just from BEFORE Paper Pals kit club and after. I have grown tremendously just from coming into your store and being a part of your scrapbooking world!!
ReplyDeleteOooh! Switched up the site huh? Looks good. I love looking back at our first layouts, and like you would never want to redo them. They are a way of showing us how we've changed. Love the layouts!
ReplyDeleteI, too, love the new look of your blog---very cool!!!
ReplyDeleteAren't our early layouts "interesting!!" I think yours are really neat, mine all have a serious case of "sticker sneeze" and some really tacky die cuts....amazing how beautiful I thought they were! :0)
Oh, I love it! I didn't know what paper piecing was...now I do! For the record...I love mulberry paper...and I don't care if it's not cool anymore. ha ha. thanks for sharing these
ReplyDelete