July 7, 2008

Blogging my Everyday Life

I have finally decided that it is ok to blog about the mundane and sometimes boring details of my life! I have felt that if I don't have some great photo to go along with a blog post or some funny story to tell then I can't blog. I am letting go of that notion and am going to treat my blog like a journal. My good friend Jean does this and it helps her keep track of her day to day life and she uses it to help her journal in her scrapbooks. So, here is what I have been up to the past week:


I finally got my scrapbook pages re-organized last week using Stacy Julian's Photo Freedom method. If you don't have this book, you need to get it (we have it at our stores!) Her whole concept is to NOT get caught up in being caught up! I reorganized all of my layouts into 4 different "library of memories" sections. I am going to use the We R Classic Leather 12x12 d-ring albums in 4 different colors for the 4 different sections. (we also sell these at our stores)

My sections are: 1. All About Us/Green: this will hold layouts about our family together and layouts about each one of us along with layouts about our pets. I am going to have separate albums for each one of us and one for layouts about all of us and our pets. 2. People We Love/Red: this will hold layouts on our extended family and good friends. 3. Things We Do/Yellow: this will hold layouts on our everyday life, seasons, holidays (except Christmas, I have an album just for Christmas layouts already) and recreation. 4. Places We Go/Blue: this section will hold layouts on our home, around our town, in our neighborhood, vacations and our travels. I had to order a bunch of albums, but I think I am going to love this new system. Next step for me is to organize my photos in the same sections.

Wednesday of last week we had some excitement at the Moscow store! I had a shoplifter come in and steal over $100 worth of product from me. She stuffed her purse with 10 Tim Holtz distress ink pads, 2 wood stamps, 2 clear stamp sets, a set of grungeboard, a set of chipboard, some glitter glue and some other small items. We figured her purse must have been empty when she came in! I actually saw 2 of the wood stamps in her purse when she bent down to look at the cardstock, so I knew she was stealing from me, but I had know idea how much other stuff was in her purse! I know that some of our customers have questioned the "no stealing" signs I have up in the stores, saying that they can't believe anyone would steal from us, well it does happen and it happens all the time. I was lucky to catch this person this time! The police got a search warrant for her house and found all of the product. She will have to go to court and if found guilty will spend a minimum of 6 days in jail and will have to pay a huge fine. I may or may not have to go to court and testify, it depends on if she pleads guilty or not. So, I had a bit of excitement on that day!

Ryan and I went to see "Wanted" . It was a very good action movie and my 15 1/2 year old loved it, but I was a bit uneasy when the opening scene was a "sex scene!" I think they could have left that out and it still would have been a fun action flick. At home we just fast forward through these scenes!

Thursday was Dave's 45th birthday. We went to Wingers as a family (including Jared, which was a nice treat!) We had a nice time laughing, eating and blowing our diets!

We had a pretty quiet and relaxing 4th of July. Ryan and his friend, Forest bought some fireworks and lit them in the driveway with Dave. I decided to stay inside and let the boys have their fun. We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and hanging out at home.

We are all on diets in our house. We are trying to eat more fruit and veggies and cut back on the fast food and sweets. It is going pretty good!

So now it is Monday again. I am busy with wedding programs and some fall wedding invitations. I have two classes this week to prep for and lots of samples to make for the rest of my classes this month. My parents will be here on the 23rd! I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're posting again. I love reading what's going on with you, Karen! I miss you guys and it makes me feel not so far away. I can not believe that people really would take stuff like that! OMG! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to see you post something new. I check just about every day during the work week just hoping for something new. Yay for you blogging every day stuff.

    I can't believe you caught that shoplifter in your store. Wow! What a horrible thing to have to do, but I'm glad you caught her. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, love love this post---your "everyday life" is NOT boring!!! I love reading about what you're doing---keep it up!
    And, kudos to you for nabbing that shoplifter---that will teach her!! It does amaze me to think that scrapbookers would steal (but after talking to some scrapbook store owners in Phoenix I know---they told me that the sweet ladies that scrapbook will steal you blind!!!)
    Love your albums---I'm getting started, and I really love those albums, they are so well made and hold so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck! I can't believe the shoplifter...well, I can, but that's terrible. It makes me wonder if she had been in before. If I had seen her. Terrible, but glad you caught her.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!