January 3, 2011

Typical day at work






It is always hard going back to work after a Holiday and/or some extra time off. Shawna and I had three days off in a row this week and that is a big deal for us. Since we are the only two that work full-time at the store, we usually get a couple of days off a week but rarely in a row.

Today we had to flip the store and move the new Valentine lines up front and the old Christmas and winter items towards the back. We had a lot of new product to check in, price and put out. I also had three wedding invitation orders to typeset and card samples to make for upcoming classes. When I think about the kind of work I do each day; I have to stop and smile. I get to be creative, visit with wonderful customers & friends, hang out with my BFF/Co-worker and be my own boss. Not bad for a job!

3 comments:

  1. Not bad! I like your job too. :) I'm glad you got some time off and even though you have to hit it hard coming back, I hope you can continue to enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you with the paper, me with the plants, life is good eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait...you didn't pull your hair out that day. That's a good sign. I also moved everything around in my store yesterday, huge clearancing, and near the end of the day the local paper called and wanted to do a feature article on the store, appt for 10am next morning. Scramble scramble scramble to get everything done, but I did it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!