March 29, 2008

My Cousin Thomas

This is my cousin Thomas, he and I share a birthday and he was just a year older than me. He passed away earlier this month from pneumonia He was a very special person. Thomas was disabled, but lived a very full and meaningful life. He was only 42 years old. My Mom was able to fly to Little Rock, AR for the funeral and to support my Aunt Maureen and her family. It was also wonderful that both of my cousins, Jeff & Mark flew out to be with the family.

We also got some bad news today that Dave's Grandma Rose may not make it through the night. We got a call from Dave's Dad that the doctor's are expecting her to pass in the night. Loss is hard and as we get older it happens more often.
It is so scary how fragile our lives really are and how we can lose someone so quickly. It makes you want to hug your kids, kiss your husband, call your parent's and send an email to a long lost friend.

3 comments:

  1. when it rains it pours :( I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this, and at the same time. You always seem to have such a positive outlook on life, don't let anything change that. We are all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I am so sorry to hear all of this. If you need anything... I mean anything let me know. Love you Girl!!

    Janie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!